Fla. man seeks withdrawn Pa. murder-for-hire plea
WILKES-BARRE, Pa. -- A Florida man is seeking to withdraw his guilty plea in what authorities allege was an attempt to hire a northeastern Pennsylvania man to kill his ex-wife.
Sixty-four-year-old Edward McLaughlin of Cape Coral, Fla., pleaded guilty last fall in federal court in Wilkes-Barre to conspiracy to commit murder-for-hire and weapons-related charges.
The (Scranton) Times-Tribune (http://bit.ly/1eRkjVd ) reports that McLaughlin alleges in a motion filed Tuesday that his former attorney and a federal agent used a false promise to entice him to enter the plea.
Prosecutors allege that... read more
- 12:17 First campaign ads in Houston-area congressional race
- 12:17 Andrew White resigns as church elder
- 11:59 First ladies Trump, Macron tour National Gallery's Cezannes
- 11:59 Trump: North Korea wants meeting 'as soon as possible'
- 11:36 Kids with rare rapid-aging disease get hope from study drug
- 11:32 Christian Kirk, Mark Andrews, Isaiah Oliver could be Arizona's next...
- 09:32 The Latest: Trump welcomes Macron at White House
- 04:07 Dutch probe 'appalling' euthanasia of dementia patient
- 03:44 Opioid treatment gap in Medicare: methadone clinics
- 02:59 Senators considering a delay for VA confirmation hearing