Fla. man seeks withdrawn Pa. murder-for-hire plea
WILKES-BARRE, Pa. -- A Florida man is seeking to withdraw his guilty plea in what authorities allege was an attempt to hire a northeastern Pennsylvania man to kill his ex-wife.
Sixty-four-year-old Edward McLaughlin of Cape Coral, Fla., pleaded guilty last fall in federal court in Wilkes-Barre to conspiracy to commit murder-for-hire and weapons-related charges.
The (Scranton) Times-Tribune (http://bit.ly/1eRkjVd ) reports that McLaughlin alleges in a motion filed Tuesday that his former attorney and a federal agent used a false promise to entice him to enter the plea.
Prosecutors allege that... read more
- 16:25 In Iowa, McAuliffe says he's not ruling out 2020 campaign
- 15:44 Trump to visit North Carolina to survey Florence impact
- 14:21 White House releases new biodefense strategy
- 14:01 The Latest: Trump considering permanent US troops in Poland
- 13:39 Ted Cruz holds 9 point lead on Beto OâRourke, new poll shows
- 12:39 Trump welcomes president of Poland to the White House