Fla. runaway lawyer to be sentenced for fraud
WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. -- A former South Florida attorney who went missing for months is facing prison time after pleading guilty to federal fraud charges for stealing money from clients.
Timothy McCabe of Lake Worth faces a maximum possible prison sentence of more than 12 years at a hearing Wednesday in West Palm Beach. McCabe pleaded guilty in October to five fraud charges involving more than $6 million and 73 victims.
McCabe went missing April 2 and turned himself in after charges were filed in June. His partner said McCabe had financial problems.
In a letter to the sentencing judge,... read more
- 04:30 Koch network success in Trump era draws Democratic pushback
- 21:38 Diamondbacks down Padres, roll to another series victory
- 18:43 Reports: Cardinals safety Budda Baker's brother killed in Seattle...
- 17:55 What are Arizona Cardinals' greatest needs in the draft?
- 17:34 Cardinals 7-round mock draft nets WR, CB and yes, a QB with 1st 3...
- 15:32 Arizona Coyotes rookie Clayton Keller named finalist for Calder trophy
- 15:27 Diamondbacks are planning for Jake Lamb to return on Tuesday
- 14:24 Detroit Tigers, Michael Fulmer give Make-A-Wish recipient day to...
- 13:58 White House: No plans by Trump to fire Mueller, Rosenstein