Flagstaff police release body-cam footage from fatal shooting
CLOSE Body-cam footage shows the fatal shooting of John Hamilton by Flagstaff police on Feb. 9, 2018. Flagstaff Police Department
Flagstaff police on Monday released body-camera footage from a police shooting Friday night that left a 78-year-old man.
Police identified Flagstaff resident John Hamilton as the man who allegedly brandished a gun at officers and refused to drop the weapon after several minutes of instruction by officers on scene.
In the footage released Monday, officers Daniel Beckwith and Travis Rowden can be heard telling the man to drop a silver object they described as a... read more
- 08:11 Digital billboards that run ads in schools spark controversy in...
- 07:59 UNICEF says Pakistan is riskiest country for newborns
- 07:26 Turner to announce new public safety and homeland security chief...
- 03:05 Complaint filed against Idaho senator who yelled at students
- 02:28 Trump offers support for background checks on gun buys
- 02:28 Trump endorses Romney's Senate bid â and Romney accepts
- 02:25 Tentative deal reached over inmate death in jail run by Arpaio
- 01:31 Stuck in an opioids crisis, officials turn to acupuncture
- 00:34 Donald Trump Jr. arrives in India to help sell apartments
- 00:12 Thousands honor school shooting victims in vigils across Florida