Flagstaff police say man shot, killed after brandishing gun, refusing commands
CLOSE Go inside the Phoenix Fire Department 911 call center to learn about what's going on when you call 911 in the Phoenix metro area. Hannah Gaber/azcentral.com
Flagstaff police officers shot and killed a man Friday night who they say brandished a gun at them and ignored law enforcement commands to cooperate.
A woman called police about 8:52 p.m. and said a man with a gun confronted her in the 700 block of West Coconino Avenue. Police responded and encountered an armed man who fit the description, Flagstaff police said in a news release.
For "several minutes," officers demanded... read more
- 15:42 Michigan basketball pushes through Ohio State on senior day, 74-62
- 15:33 Austin Hatch dresses on Michigan's senior day as honorary captain
- 15:14 Boy, 3, pulled 'unresponsive' from Queen Creek-area pool
- 14:44 Mets GM Sandy Alderson believes Tim Tebow will eventually play in MLB
- 14:18 Ex-cheerleading coach pleads guilty to attempted molestation
- 13:38 Crash in Phoenix leaves one person dead, police say
- 13:14 The Latest: Trump to meet with Florida high school students
- 12:54 Florida suspect's red flags weren't enough to stop gun buy
- 12:01 Four great new fiction titles for teens and John Green fans
- 08:33 Trump mad at law enforcement, lawmakers over Iran payment