Flagstaff police say man shot, killed after brandishing gun, refusing commands
CLOSE Go inside the Phoenix Fire Department 911 call center to learn about what's going on when you call 911 in the Phoenix metro area. Hannah Gaber/azcentral.com
Flagstaff police officers shot and killed a man Friday night who they say brandished a gun at them and ignored law enforcement commands to cooperate.
A woman called police about 8:52 p.m. and said a man with a gun confronted her in the 700 block of West Coconino Avenue. Police responded and encountered an armed man who fit the description, Flagstaff police said in a news release.
For "several minutes," officers demanded... read more
- 08:20 The Latest: Trump defends Putin summit, vows 'big results'
- 06:45 Democrat Kim Olson has more cash, less debt than Agriculture...
- 06:45 Texas Senate panel meets today to discuss mass shootings in schools
- 05:05 Ex-FBI chief Comey urges voters to support Democrats in fall
- 04:34 Trump backs off siding with Russia over US intelligence
- 00:41 Trump backs off siding with Russia over US intelligence
- 22:13 Where Texas politicians stand on marijuana
- 17:35 Trump blames 'double negative' for furor over Putin meeting
- 17:21 Lights go out during Trump statement at the White House