Flagstaff student faces charges after school threat seen on Snapchat
A Flagstaff middle-school student faces charges in connection with a threat against a school that was sent on Snapchat, officials said.
Flagstaff police were notified of a threat aimed at a middle school Thursday shortly before 11 a.m., according to a joint statement from police and the Flagstaff Unified School District.
The boy is suspected of sending the threat to a friend via Snapchat, a popular social-media platform, threatening to "shoot up'' the school, the statement said.
Police began notifying area schools about the threat as they continued investigating, but eventually learned... read more
- 00:12 Thousands honor school shooting victims in vigils across Florida
- 23:50 Grand Canyon helicopter crash: Donations sought for survivors,...
- 22:47 Trump endorses Romney for Senate bid in Utah
- 22:43 Here's 5 performances of 'The Star-Spangled Banner' worse than...
- 21:45 Arizona has no official state dinosaur, so an 11-year-old proposed...
- 20:34 2 shot dead inside Phoenix residence; no arrests made
- 18:51 Giancarlo Stanton, Aaron Judge take their first cuts together this...
- 18:51 Arizona Coyotes goaltender Antti Raanta named NHL star of the week
- 18:37 Diamondbacks sign outfielder Jarrod Dyson
- 17:52 Man shot dead by off-duty officer at Scottsdale mall pointed gun at...