Flake: Anti-tariff Republican should challenge Trump in 2020
WASHINGTON (AP) — A prominent Republican critic says President Donald Trump should be challenged in 2020 by a candidate who opposes tariffs and objects to Trump's full-throated attacks on political opponents and the media.
Sen. Jeff Flake of Arizona holds those views and he says he is aware that such a campaign "would be a tough go" because the GOP "is the Trump party right now."
But Flake says "that's not to say it will stay that way." He is retiring from the Senate and has not ruled out a run for president.
Flake also chided Trump for attacking the press at a... read more
- 00:51 Anti-Trump images become big business for DC projectionist
- 00:27 Trump looks to Brennan for a foil in Russia probe spat
- 19:00 Trump elevates Brennan in proxy fight over Mueller probe
- 17:49 Watergate wisdom? Cohen lawyer turns to Nixon turncoat
- 17:16 AP EXPLAINS: Trump tweets stir up ghosts of McCarthy, Nixon
- 16:45 The Latest: Trump notes border agent's 'perfect English'
- 16:13 Melania Trump planning solo international swing to Africa
- 15:04 Trump honors federal immigration officials at White House
- 14:27 AP sources: Prosecutors preparing charges against Cohen
- 13:13 Giuliani clarifies his 'truth isn't truth' puzzler