Flames upend Sabres 3-1
CALGARY, Alberta -- Mike Cammalleri's 20th goal of the season midway through the third period helped the Calgary Flames defeat the Buffalo Sabres 3-1 on Tuesday night.
Calgary's Mikael Backlund beat Matt Ellis on a faceoff in the Sabres end, drawing the puck back to Chris Butler. From the blue line, Butler's shot toward the net was neatly deflected by Cammalleri past Nathan Lieuwen.
Cammalleri has been on a roll in March with seven goals in his past nine games. That came after a stretch leading up to the NHL trade deadline in which he had one goal in 14 games.
The 31-year-old, who will be... read more
- 21:38 Diamondbacks down Padres, roll to another series victory
- 18:43 Reports: Cardinals safety Budda Baker's brother killed in Seattle...
- 17:55 What are Arizona Cardinals' greatest needs in the draft?
- 17:34 Cardinals 7-round mock draft nets WR, CB and yes, a QB with 1st 3...
- 15:32 Arizona Coyotes rookie Clayton Keller named finalist for Calder trophy
- 15:27 Diamondbacks are planning for Jake Lamb to return on Tuesday
- 14:24 Detroit Tigers, Michael Fulmer give Make-A-Wish recipient day to...
- 13:58 White House: No plans by Trump to fire Mueller, Rosenstein
- 11:57 Clinton stars as central villain in GOP's midterm strategy
- 11:35 Trump wrongly claims NKorea has agreed to 'denuclearization'