Flood control plan for stretch of Buffalo Bayou could result in removal of trees
A Harris County Flood Control District study to reduce flooding along Buffalo Bayou between Highway 6 and Beltway 8 is drawing fire from local groups who say improvements could destroy forests there.
Harris County Commissioners Court on Tuesday voted unanimously to let the flood control district sketch out what a study of that stretch of the bayou would specifically examine. Commissioners Court would have to vote again to green light the actual study.
Susan Chadwick, executive director of non-profit Save Buffalo Bayou, opposed the flood control district's study.
"It's not worth the... read more
- 03:05 Complaint filed against Idaho senator who yelled at students
- 02:28 Trump offers support for background checks on gun buys
- 02:28 Trump endorses Romney's Senate bid â and Romney accepts
- 02:25 Tentative deal reached over inmate death in jail run by Arpaio
- 01:31 Stuck in an opioids crisis, officials turn to acupuncture
- 00:34 Donald Trump Jr. arrives in India to help sell apartments
- 00:12 Thousands honor school shooting victims in vigils across Florida
- 23:50 Grand Canyon helicopter crash: Donations sought for survivors,...
- 22:47 Trump endorses Romney for Senate bid in Utah
- 22:43 Here's 5 performances of 'The Star-Spangled Banner' worse than...