Flood control plan for stretch of Buffalo Bayou could result in removal of trees
A Harris County Flood Control District study to reduce flooding along Buffalo Bayou between Highway 6 and Beltway 8 is drawing fire from local groups who say improvements could destroy forests there.
Harris County Commissioners Court on Tuesday voted unanimously to let the flood control district sketch out what a study of that stretch of the bayou would specifically examine. Commissioners Court would have to vote again to green light the actual study.
Susan Chadwick, executive director of non-profit Save Buffalo Bayou, opposed the flood control district's study.
"It's not worth the... read more
- 10:00 Phoenix police look for motorist who fatally hit pedestrian
- 09:47 The Latest: Trump salutes military progress
- 08:41 Cool Home: Scottsdale interior decorator lets her whimsy run wild
- 08:39 5 iconic Phoenix holiday events
- 08:39 Building a different kind of wall on the border to revive a dying land
- 07:19 Trump presents his report card, passes with flying colors
- 00:26 Auto show zooms into Phoenix with latest tech twists
- 00:12 'The State of Aging': Latinos keep aging relatives out of nursing...
- 23:54 Nashville Predators 3, Montreal Canadiens 2: 3 things we learned
- 22:39 Arizona Lottery game glitch produces duplicated results again