Flood control plan for stretch of Buffalo Bayou could result in removal of trees
A Harris County Flood Control District study to reduce flooding along Buffalo Bayou between Highway 6 and Beltway 8 is drawing fire from local groups who say improvements could destroy forests there.
Harris County Commissioners Court on Tuesday voted unanimously to let the flood control district sketch out what a study of that stretch of the bayou would specifically examine. Commissioners Court would have to vote again to green light the actual study.
Susan Chadwick, executive director of non-profit Save Buffalo Bayou, opposed the flood control district's study.
"It's not worth the... read more
- 12:52 Julian Castro cancels trip to presidential caucus state to protest...
- 12:38 Billboard tells liberals to keep driving until they've left Texas
- 10:52 Houston makes short list for the 2020 Democratic National Convention
- 07:59 Bolton: NK has 'dramatic choice,' talks will move quickly
- 01:32 Trump stands firm on immigration policy, sees it as a winner
- 00:30 Trump takes swipe at South Carolina's Sanford in GOP meeting
- 00:30 Lewandowski on girl with Down syndrome: 'Wah wah'
- 20:23 What life inside migrant internment camps looks like
- 20:17 Congressman responds after public demands answers on migrant...
- 19:30 With eyes on midterms, Trump embraces immigration fight