Florida couple awake to find intruder in alleged kidnap attempt
They awoke to their daughter's scream over a baby monitor.
Dennis Meyers ran to his little girls' room and into a nightmare.
A shadowy figure hunched over his baby's crib; his older daughter cried, cowering across the room.
The father grabbed the stranger by her hair and neck and threw her from his normally peaceful Florida home, opting to forgo deadly force in front of his family.
The intruder, 31-year-old Megan Jones, fled after the early Saturday break-in, but detectives used DNA evidence to locate and arrest her Monday, the same day the Meyers family installed a home surveillance... read more
- 04:08 Missed chances add up as Diamondbacks fall to Giants
- 03:17 Ahead of 420, advocates and critics reflect on pot in the US
- 02:52 Estrella Foothills softball pours in 19 runs in win over Thunderbird
- 01:01 Trade issues expose the limits of Trump-Abe 'bromance'
- 00:53 Trump leaves open possibility of bailing on meeting with Kim
- 00:50 Desert Mountain baseball uses big 4th inning, errors to crush...
- 21:39 Diamondbacks' Matt Koch will get first crack at replacing Taijuan...
- 21:10 The Latest: Judge sets Friday hearing in Stormy Daniels case
- 20:35 Tucson Roadrunners ready for franchise's 1st playoff game
- 20:23 Cardinals know price is steep if they want a top QB in NFL draft