Florida job cuts rise in March
Florida employers reported 970 job cuts in March, up from 888 a year ago the same month.
Retail led the downsizing with employers reporting job cuts nationwide of more than 49,000, a decline of 11 percent from the more than 55,000 in February, according to global outplacement firm Challenger, Gray & Christmas.
The quarterly job cuts reached their highest level since 2011. Employers now have announced more than 145,000 job cuts for the first three months of the year, which is 1.4 percent higher than the more than 143,000 job cuts in the first quarter of 2012.
Topics Unemployment Layoffs... read more
- 09:24 New data: Americans filling far fewer opioid prescriptions
- 08:29 The Latest: US says it's maintaining pressure on North Korea
- 07:56 Is Andrew White running for Texas 'govorner'?
- 04:08 Missed chances add up as Diamondbacks fall to Giants
- 03:17 Ahead of 420, advocates and critics reflect on pot in the US
- 02:52 Estrella Foothills softball pours in 19 runs in win over Thunderbird
- 01:01 Trade issues expose the limits of Trump-Abe 'bromance'
- 00:53 Trump leaves open possibility of bailing on meeting with Kim
- 00:50 Desert Mountain baseball uses big 4th inning, errors to crush...
- 21:39 Diamondbacks' Matt Koch will get first crack at replacing Taijuan...