Florida man shot in NE Ohio hunting accident dies
KENT, Ohio -- Authorities say a man from west-central Florida died after being shot in an apparent hunting accident in northeast Ohio.
They say 56-year-old Donald Pigg of Beverly Hills, Fla., was shot Monday while hunting in Portage County and died early Wednesday after undergoing surgery at an Akron hospital.
Authorities say the shooting is under investigation by the Summit County Medical Examiner's Office and police in Kent.
The Record-Courier (http://bit.ly/19MF3K2 ) reports police aren't releasing details about what happened, citing an ongoing criminal investigation. No charges have... read more
- 15:42 Energy Secretary Rick Perry's father dies at 92
- 15:41 Fears of losing pre-existing conditions protection under GOP
- 15:41 Florida eye doctor guilty on all counts of Medicare fraud
- 15:28 Bordow: Firing of Desert Vista baseball coach Stan Luketich makes...
- 15:10 Trump at NRA convention: 'Eight-year assault' on gun rights is over
- 15:04 Stream of quakes rattles Chilean coast
- 14:38 Trump's tweets cooling — and the impact is fading a bit
- 14:36 Trump's 100-day cram session
- 14:25 North Korea's army: 1.2M men, obsolete equipment and nukes
- 13:56 A look at Macedonia's deepening political turmoil