Florida school shooting: Giffords slams politicians, says 'we chose this fate'
CLOSE A former student went on a shooting rampage at a Florida high school, leaving 17 dead while panicked students barricaded themselves inside classrooms and frantic parents raced to the scene.
Former U.S. Rep. Gabrielle Giffords, who was gravely wounded in the 2011 Tucson-area shooting that left six people dead, criticized political inaction on guns in the wake of the mass shooting at a Florida high school Wednesday.
"Every day we fail to take action, we chose this fate," Giffords wrote on Twitter. "We tolerate politicians who fail to acknowledge this crisis and vote... read more
- 20:20 Former Texas congressman Blake Farenthold shells out big dollars...
- 19:50 Judge mentions Supreme Court shift as Texas fetal burial trial begins
- 17:28 Trump-Putin summit leaves wake of confusion, outrage in US
- 17:28 Russian hackers used US online infrastructure against itself
- 16:36 US intel chief stands by assessment of Russian meddling
- 16:36 Trump: Putin made 'incredible offer' in Russian hacking case
- 13:14 Almost half of Fox News viewers think immigrants aren't part of...