Florida school shooting: Giffords slams politicians, says 'we chose this fate'
CLOSE A former student went on a shooting rampage at a Florida high school, leaving 17 dead while panicked students barricaded themselves inside classrooms and frantic parents raced to the scene.
Former U.S. Rep. Gabrielle Giffords, who was gravely wounded in the 2011 Tucson-area shooting that left six people dead, criticized political inaction on guns in the wake of the mass shooting at a Florida high school Wednesday.
"Every day we fail to take action, we chose this fate," Giffords wrote on Twitter. "We tolerate politicians who fail to acknowledge this crisis and vote... read more
- 15:42 Michigan basketball pushes through Ohio State on senior day, 74-62
- 15:33 Austin Hatch dresses on Michigan's senior day as honorary captain
- 15:14 Boy, 3, pulled 'unresponsive' from Queen Creek-area pool
- 14:44 Mets GM Sandy Alderson believes Tim Tebow will eventually play in MLB
- 14:18 Ex-cheerleading coach pleads guilty to attempted molestation
- 13:38 Crash in Phoenix leaves one person dead, police say
- 13:14 The Latest: Trump to meet with Florida high school students
- 12:54 Florida suspect's red flags weren't enough to stop gun buy
- 12:01 Four great new fiction titles for teens and John Green fans
- 08:33 Trump mad at law enforcement, lawmakers over Iran payment