Florida State holds off Florida Gulf Coast 58-53
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. -- Aaron Thomas scored 22 points as top-seeded Florida State opened the National Invitation Tournament with a 58-53 win against Florida Gulf Coast, last year's NCAA tournament darlings.
Thomas carried the Seminoles in the second half, scoring 14 consecutive points during one stretch.
Bernard Thompson led the Eagles with 16 points and Jamail Jones chipped in 11.
Okaro White scored 17 for Florida State and Montay Brandon finished with eight.
Neither team could find an offensive groove for most of the night. The teams combined for 35 turnovers and the Seminoles led 24-19 at... read more
- 22:18 Dallas County Sheriff's Association endorses Gov. Greg Abbott
- 20:56 Ex-Trump lawyer Cohen providing info in Mueller probe
- 19:01 Suburban women wrestle with Kavanaugh allegations
- 16:00 Melania Trump announces restoration of Blue Room furniture
- 15:10 The Latest: US identifies remains of 2 Korean War soldiers
- 14:56 Trump to address drugs, nuclear weapons in UN speeches
- 06:53 Political boot camp for women? One Texas university is working on it