Florida State spring game draws program-record crowd, regular-season atmosphere
CLOSE The redshirt freshman had 129 receiving yards and a touchdown. Buy Photo
Florida State expected a big draw for Saturday's spring football game.
What happened blew even the administration's wildest expectations out of the water.
The announced attendance of 53,974 is the largest in program history for a spring game. That's 67.8 percent of Doak Campbell Stadium's capacity.
And it looked like more people than that.
"That was a very impressive crowd for a spring game. Lot of energy in there and kind of gave us a preview of what's it going to be like that first ballgame," FSU head... read more
- 19:58 Hilarious memes rip Cruz, O'Rourke during first senate debate
- 18:34 Shame, fear: Survivors explain not reporting sexual assaults
- 16:34 As he considers 2020, Biden airs regrets of Thomas hearings
- 15:25 First black female White House reporter gets Newseum statue
- 14:57 Judge denies bid to block courthouse immigration arrests
- 14:49 Rosenstein denies that he proposed secretly taping Trump
- 14:39 Evangelicals push Senate Republicans to confirm Kavanaugh
- 13:46 Obama turns focus on Pennsylvania, hopes to boost Democrats
- 11:16 The Latest: Trump delays release of Russia probe documents
- 10:28 Where Beto OâRourke and Ted Cruz will be this weekend