Flower Mound council OKs site for town's first dog park
The Town Council on Monday approved Heritage Park East as the location for the town's first dog park.
The 8-acre site, on the east side of Garden Ridge Boulevard and north of Spinks Road, will include a 5-acre area for large dogs and 2 acres for smaller breeds.
Council members asked the staff to try to reduce the projected $700,000-$800,000 cost of the park that includes chain-link fencing, a parking lot and an irrigation system.
The town has been discussing a dog park for a number of years and reviewed a total of 11 sites for the project.
All but Heritage Park East, which is 600 to 800... read more
- 16:34 As he considers 2020, Biden airs regrets of Thomas hearings
- 15:25 First black female White House reporter gets Newseum statue
- 14:57 Judge denies bid to block courthouse immigration arrests
- 14:49 Rosenstein denies that he proposed secretly taping Trump
- 14:39 Evangelicals push Senate Republicans to confirm Kavanaugh
- 13:46 Obama turns focus on Pennsylvania, hopes to boost Democrats
- 11:16 The Latest: Trump delays release of Russia probe documents
- 10:28 Where Beto OâRourke and Ted Cruz will be this weekend
- 10:28 VIDEO: Willie Nelson on Beto backlash: 'I don't care'
- 07:16 In push to buy flooded homes, Harris County sometimes bested by...