Flu claims lives of two Houston-area women in their 40s
Two Houston-area women in their 40s recently died of flu-related causes, according to the health departments of Harris and Galveston counties.
Both had pre-existing health conditions.
The deaths are the tip of the iceberg in what public health experts are saying is the worst flu season in a decade. As of mid-January, death certificates show there already have been 2,897 deaths in Texas in which the flu was an underlying or contributing cause, according to the state department of health. Some 689 of those occurred in the region including Houston and Galveston.
An estimated 12,000 to 50,000... read more
- 22:13 Where Texas politicians stand on marijuana
- 17:35 Trump blames 'double negative' for furor over Putin meeting
- 17:21 Lights go out during Trump statement at the White House
- 13:35 The Latest: Lawmakers want Pompeo to testify on Russia
- 13:26 Trump unfazed by GOP criticism, says Putin meeting was great
- 13:05 Houstonâs Freeway Rapist back in custody after new arrest
- 12:37 Justin Nelson reports $1.1 million in campaign coffer, Texas AG Ken...
- 10:31 As Gov. Abbott allocates $16M for ad campaign, challenger Valdez...