Flu season, still worsening, now as bad as 2009 swine flu
NEW YORK (AP) — The flu has further tightened its grip on the U.S. This season is now as bad as the swine flu epidemic nine years ago.
A government report out Friday shows 1 of every 13 visits to the doctor last week was for fever, cough and other symptoms of the flu. That ties the highest level seen in the U.S. during the 2009 swine flu pandemic.
And it surpasses every winter flu season since 2003, when the government changed the way it measures flu.
This season started early and has been driven by a nasty type of flu that tends to put more people in the hospital and cause more deaths.
But... read more
- 17:35 Trump blames 'double negative' for furor over Putin meeting
- 17:21 Lights go out during Trump statement at the White House
- 13:35 The Latest: Lawmakers want Pompeo to testify on Russia
- 13:26 Trump unfazed by GOP criticism, says Putin meeting was great
- 13:05 Houstonâs Freeway Rapist back in custody after new arrest
- 12:37 Justin Nelson reports $1.1 million in campaign coffer, Texas AG Ken...
- 10:31 As Gov. Abbott allocates $16M for ad campaign, challenger Valdez...