Flyers edge Blackhawks 3-2 in OT
PHILADELPHIA -- Claude Giroux scored at 4:55 of overtime to give the Philadelphia Flyers a 3-2 victory over the Chicago Blackhawks on Tuesday.
Scott Hartnell scored twice and Ray Emery made 23 saves for Philadelphia, which won its third straight.
Andrew Shaw and Duncan Keith scored and Antti Raanta made 34 saves for Chicago.
Chicago opened an offense-filled first period with two goals just 3:51 into the game.
The first came when Shaw chipped a loose puck near the crease over Emery — the result of a Brayden Schenn turnover at the other end.
Less than 90 seconds later, Keith, set... read more
- 22:18 Dallas County Sheriff's Association endorses Gov. Greg Abbott
- 20:56 Ex-Trump lawyer Cohen providing info in Mueller probe
- 19:01 Suburban women wrestle with Kavanaugh allegations
- 16:00 Melania Trump announces restoration of Blue Room furniture
- 15:10 The Latest: US identifies remains of 2 Korean War soldiers
- 14:56 Trump to address drugs, nuclear weapons in UN speeches
- 06:53 Political boot camp for women? One Texas university is working on it