Flyers edge Blackhawks 3-2 in OT
PHILADELPHIA -- Claude Giroux scored at 4:55 of overtime to give the Philadelphia Flyers a 3-2 victory over the Chicago Blackhawks on Tuesday.
Scott Hartnell scored twice and Ray Emery made 23 saves for Philadelphia, which won its third straight.
Andrew Shaw and Duncan Keith scored and Antti Raanta made 34 saves for Chicago.
Chicago opened an offense-filled first period with two goals just 3:51 into the game.
The first came when Shaw chipped a loose puck near the crease over Emery — the result of a Brayden Schenn turnover at the other end.
Less than 90 seconds later, Keith, set... read more
- 13:12 Florence baseball coach J.T. Neal hospitalized after being struck...
- 13:03 Houston leaders ask residents to Adopt A Drain to keep storm waters...
- 12:45 Abbott: All Texas schools are up-to-date on safety strategies
- 12:22 Ben Carson to speak in Houston area on Harvey relief
- 12:03 Arizona Wildcats basketball gets commitment from Pitt grad transfer...
- 11:58 Trump admin starts plan to drill in Arctic wildlife refuge
- 11:48 NAU football to hold spring game on Saturday at Walkup Skydome
- 11:48 ASU baseball hosts Utah seeking to snap six-game losing streak
- 11:37 UN health agency: Dengue vaccine shouldn't be used widely
- 11:31 Trump checks out anti-drug effort while in Florida