FM says Serbia faces pressure to join sanctions on Russia
BELGRADE, Serbia – Serbia's foreign minister has complained that the Balkan country faces EU pressure to join Western-backed sanctions against Russia, describing it as "absolutely unacceptable."
Ivica Dacic said in a statement on Wednesday that "Serbia wants to enter the EU but will not do anything that is against its own national interests."
Officials also have said Serbia will contribute aid to a Russian humanitarian effort for Syria, insisting the decision was not political.
Serbia formally wants to join the 28-nation European Union, but Russia's influence remains... read more
- 00:51 Anti-Trump images become big business for DC projectionist
- 00:27 Trump looks to Brennan for a foil in Russia probe spat
- 19:00 Trump elevates Brennan in proxy fight over Mueller probe
- 17:49 Watergate wisdom? Cohen lawyer turns to Nixon turncoat
- 17:16 AP EXPLAINS: Trump tweets stir up ghosts of McCarthy, Nixon
- 16:45 The Latest: Trump notes border agent's 'perfect English'
- 16:13 Melania Trump planning solo international swing to Africa
- 15:04 Trump honors federal immigration officials at White House
- 14:27 AP sources: Prosecutors preparing charges against Cohen
- 13:13 Giuliani clarifies his 'truth isn't truth' puzzler