FM says Serbia faces pressure to join sanctions on Russia
BELGRADE, Serbia – Serbia's foreign minister has complained that the Balkan country faces EU pressure to join Western-backed sanctions against Russia, describing it as "absolutely unacceptable."
Ivica Dacic said in a statement on Wednesday that "Serbia wants to enter the EU but will not do anything that is against its own national interests."
Officials also have said Serbia will contribute aid to a Russian humanitarian effort for Syria, insisting the decision was not political.
Serbia formally wants to join the 28-nation European Union, but Russia's influence remains... read more
- 06:50 Trump: 'Crazy' Biden would go down crying if he assaulted me
- 02:05 Diamondbacks manager Torey Lovullo on Steven Souza Jr. injury:...
- 01:41 Dougherty: Same old, same old for Packers in free agency
- 00:53 Trump targets China as US businesses await backlash
- 00:22 White House issues threat over leaked Trump briefing papers
- 22:39 Arizona Diamondbacks pitcher Zack Greinke’s latest tune-up goes...
- 21:29 Austin residents relieved, but still searching for answers
- 21:17 Dougherty: Same old, same old for Packers in free agency
- 20:14 Phoenix Suns' Alex Len sees his time in Valley 'probably' coming to...
- 19:41 Moore: How will ASU's 'NFL model' affect star wide receiver N'Keal...