Following Obama, Kerry to donate part of salary
WASHINGTON -- The richest member of President Barack Obama's Cabinet is giving back some salary, too, in the spirit of government-wide spending cuts.
A day after Obama and Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel said they'd return 5 percent of their paycheck to the Treasury, Secretary of State John Kerry followed in somewhat similar fashion.
State Department spokeswoman Victoria Nuland says Kerry, however, will give his 5 percent to a charity for department employees. She says he already makes significant charitable donations.
Kerry makes $183,500 this year. His donation is worth $9,175.
The former... read more
- 12:17 First campaign ads in Houston-area congressional race
- 12:17 Andrew White resigns as church elder
- 11:59 First ladies Trump, Macron tour National Gallery's Cezannes
- 11:59 Trump: North Korea wants meeting 'as soon as possible'
- 11:36 Kids with rare rapid-aging disease get hope from study drug
- 11:32 Christian Kirk, Mark Andrews, Isaiah Oliver could be Arizona's next...
- 09:32 The Latest: Trump welcomes Macron at White House
- 04:07 Dutch probe 'appalling' euthanasia of dementia patient
- 03:44 Opioid treatment gap in Medicare: methadone clinics
- 02:59 Senators considering a delay for VA confirmation hearing