Following sex scandals, Arizona Legislature to convene code of conduct panel
CLOSE The Arizona Capitol has a problem, as detailed in an Arizona Republic investigation. Reporters reached out to lobbyists, lawmakers and staffers to share their stories. We then read those stories aloud. Isabel Greenblatt/azcentral.com
Some lawmakers said the incident highlighted the need for rules that draw clear boundaries between staffers and more-powerful elected officials.
Mesnard and Yarbrough said a team of eight lawmakers — two Democrats and two Republicans from each chamber — will write the rules.
Members of the committee haven't yet been named. Any rules they recommend likely... read more
- 16:07 Michael Flynn not yet ready to be sentenced, prosecutors say
- 15:32 Gov. Abbottâs call for more Texas teachers making $100k draws...
- 13:39 AP sources: Cohen in talks to strike plea deal in fraud case
- 11:50 Trump looking to best Obama's travel for midterms
- 11:50 Trump accuses de Blasio of slogan theft
- 10:18 Jury in Manafort trial enters 4th day of deliberations
- 09:08 Gallery: A purrfect debut [+ video]
- 00:51 Anti-Trump images become big business for DC projectionist
- 00:27 Trump looks to Brennan for a foil in Russia probe spat