Ford of Europe sees bigger sales, market sare
Ford sold 9.7% more vehicles last month in Europe than in January, 2015, as SUVs, commercial vans and performance cars sold well.
It was the automaker's best January since 2012, with a total of 96,900 vehicles sold in 20 European markets. Ford market share increased by 0.2 percentage points to 7.9%, because its increase outpaced the industry's overall sales growth of 6.7%.
“The European auto industry is off to a very strong start,” said Roelant de Waard, Ford of Europe's vice president for marketing, sales and service. “We gained share by selling to retail customers while others in industry... read more
- 02:23 Defense sparkles again as Diamondbacks take series against Giants
- 01:52 EPA head showed penchant for travel, drivers even before DC
- 01:06 In Comey memos, Trump talks of jailed journalists, 'hookers'
- 01:06 Trump legal team in Russia probe gets Rudy Giuliani
- 01:06 Tucson Roadrunners win playoff debut against San Jose Barracuda
- 00:11 Matthew Liberatore wins battle of top prospects against Nolan Gorman
- 22:55 Report: Mike Budenholzer withdraws name from Suns' consideration
- 22:34 Woman's win of nursing home money a rarity in aging Japan
- 22:29 Game Day: Diamondbacks meet the Padres for first time in 2018
- 21:18 Patrick Corbin riding his slider to early-season dominance