Forget AzMERIT; Arizona students get other testing options
CLOSE Get the basics on Arizona's measurements of success.
Arizona high school students could skip the AzMERIT test and instead take college-entrance exams, but the schools will have to pay for it.
The Arizona State Board of Education on Monday approved a years-in-the-making "menu of assessments" for high school students that includes the SAT, ACT, AP, Cambridge and International Baccalaureate exams. Schools can begin administering those tests as a substitute to AzMERIT in the 2018-19 school year.
Gov. Doug Ducey signed legislation into law in 2016 that required the... read more
- 10:24 Teddy Bridgewater 'excited' about joining the Jets, but will he be...
- 10:08 Donors raise $560 million for Gaza water treatment plant
- 09:56 Austin police investigating suspicious package FedEx facility near...
- 09:50 Texas water board withdraws application for $1.8M grants for flood...
- 07:34 City Council to call election to replace Larry Green
- 00:55 First lady to hold first public event on cyberbullying
- 00:49 GOP leaders have yet to move to protect special counsel
- 00:49 In NH and Iowa, Trump eyes 2020 re-election as midterms loom
- 00:21 Quick challenge for Mississippi's 15-week abortion ban
- 23:40 Moore: Kevin Sumlin looks ready as spring practice, new era begin...