Former Apollo basketball standout Jmy Holloway loses battle with cancer
Jmy Holloway, who was a fixture of Glendale Apollo High basketball from 2008-11, died on Tuesday after losing his battle to Hodgkin lymphoma.
He was 25.
Holloway was the Western Sky Region Player of the Year in 2011.
Apollo coach Jacob Marin was helping Holloway through his battle, hosting a charity event in December to raise money to help Holloway receive needed treatment in North Carolina to try to get the cancer in remission.
Holloway was living with Marin.
"He had been in a decline for the past couple weeks," Marin said. "What I personally will remember the most was how... read more
- 14:06 Game Day: Arizona Coyotes battle the Minnesota Wild
- 14:06 Game Day: Phoenix Suns face Golden State Warriors minus their stars
- 11:03 Obama to visit Singapore, New Zealand, Australia, Japan
- 03:01 Youth served as 20-year-old Daria Kasatkina outlasts valiant Venus...
- 01:55 ASU baseball opens Pac-12 play with comeback win over Oregon
- 01:11 ASU coach Herm Edwards braves flight with Blue Angels before Friday...
- 00:50 White House chief tells staff their jobs safeâ for now
- 00:42 Trump's possible China tariffs send opponents scrambling
- 00:32 Chaos rules: Left and right, Trump advisers in hot water
- 23:52 Predators clinch playoff spot, increase lead in NHL standings by...