Former Apollo basketball standout Jmy Holloway loses battle with cancer
Jmy Holloway, who was a fixture of Glendale Apollo High basketball from 2008-11, died on Tuesday after losing his battle to Hodgkin lymphoma.
He was 25.
Holloway was the Western Sky Region Player of the Year in 2011.
Apollo coach Jacob Marin was helping Holloway through his battle, hosting a charity event in December to raise money to help Holloway receive needed treatment in North Carolina to try to get the cancer in remission.
Holloway was living with Marin.
"He had been in a decline for the past couple weeks," Marin said. "What I personally will remember the most was how... read more
- 07:26 In addition to flood bond, Harris County IDs $620M in mitigation...
- 00:45 Gates testimony dredges up Trump inaugural spending mystery
- 00:45 What to Watch: Minn.,Wis. primaries test allegiance to Trump
- 00:36 'Blue wave' to be tested in key Midwestern primaries
- 00:30 Trump warns Cuomo: Anybody who runs against me 'suffers'
- 00:30 Manafort trial turns from prosecution's case to his defense
- 00:30 Secretly taping conversations is not unknown in Trump world
- 18:52 Trump claims Gov. Cuomo told him he wouldn't run against him
- 18:42 Gun issued to gubernatorial candidate Lupe Valdez goes missing
- 16:47 Santa Fe shooting prompts jump in number of Texas school marshals,...