Former Arizona Diamondbacks GM Kevin Towers dies of cancer
Former Arizona Diamondbacks General Manager Kevin Towers has lost his battle with cancer.
He was 56
Towers was the GM of the Diamondbacks from 2010-14.
He also was the GM of the San Diego Padres from 1995 to 2009 and served as a scout.
He was a scout for the Yankees when the Diamondbacks hired him in 2010.
During a tribute to those afflicted with cancer between innings during Game 4 of the World Series, Astros manager A.J. Hinch held a card with former Towers' name on it.
Hinch was fired as manager of the Diamondbacks in July 2010, prior to the team hiring Towers as GM a few months later.... read more
- 02:49 Phoenix police seek the public's help finding missing 74-year-old...
- 02:08 Trent Hudgens sends Moon Valley past Cactus Shadows to 4A semifinals
- 00:58 Texas Rangers seek to turn talent into title contention
- 00:51 'We're not alone in the universe': Man at Scottsdale UFO conference...
- 23:58 Trump criticizes FBI over handling of shooting suspect tip
- 23:31 'We're not sure if there's a possibility of a better future for...
- 23:08 Shadow Mountain rolls into 4A semifinals with relentless defense
- 22:28 Oakland Athletics, slugger Khris Davis, primed for a step up
- 22:09 Devin Booker sets NBA 3-point contest record with 28 points in win
- 22:07 After massive Mexico earthquake, fatal helicopter crash, Phoenix...