Former Arizona football coach Rich Rodriguez says ex-employee tried to extort $7.5M from him
Former University of Arizona head football coach Rich Rodriguez claims an ex-employee and her attorney tried to extort him to pay several million dollars or they would go public with sexual-harassment claims.
Rodriguez, fired in January as a lurid sexual-harassment claim against him became public, accuses his ex-assistant, Melissa Wilhelmsen, of fabricating a tale of sexual harassment solely to extort $7.5 million — the same amount she now is seeking in a legal claim with the state.
Attorneys for Rodriguez on Monday submitted a legal response to a notice of claim that was filed against the... read more
- 13:39 AP sources: Cohen in talks to strike plea deal in fraud case
- 11:50 Trump looking to best Obama's travel for midterms
- 11:50 Trump accuses de Blasio of slogan theft
- 10:18 Jury in Manafort trial enters 4th day of deliberations
- 09:08 Gallery: A purrfect debut [+ video]
- 00:51 Anti-Trump images become big business for DC projectionist
- 00:27 Trump looks to Brennan for a foil in Russia probe spat