Former Peoria AD, high school sports visionary Rick Johnson dies
Rick Johnson was ahead of his time, on the cutting edge when it came to Valley high school sports and how to build programs in Peoria.
It was no wonder, after 45 years of service in high school sports, he picked up one more award in December -- the National Interscholastic Athletic Administration Association Thomas E. Frederick Award of Excellence.
Johnson, who was a football and wrestling coach, and a school and district administrator, leaving a lasting imprint on West Valley high school sports, died on Tuesday at the age of 70.
"Rick Johnson for me and so many was the consummate... read more
- 13:54 Lawyer: Melania Trump's parents are permanent US residents
- 13:54 Abbott asks TEA to identify, publicize school districts behind on...
- 13:46 US panel recommends new adult vaccine against hepatitis B
- 13:46 Murphy reverses Christie, approves $7.5M for women's health
- 13:32 Arizona special congressional election: Mail your ballot today
- 13:08 Steven Souza Jr. eager to fill key role, join familiar teammates on...
- 12:45 Audit: Arizona fails to collect $36.7 million in drug rebates
- 12:45 Ritz-Carlton finally breaks ground on Paradise Valley resort
- 12:10 White House says US could reach 3 percent growth rate
- 12:07 Arizona Diamondbacks trade history: Notable deals