Former Sen. Begich says he won't run for any office this year
JUNEAU — Former U.S. Sen. Mark Begich says he will not run for any elected office this year.
In an interview with The Associated Press, Begich says he has felt pressure from Alaskans to run but for now wants to focus on building his consulting business and spend time with his family. He says his public policy work is giving him an opportunity to engage in a different way.
He did not close the door on a possible run in the future.
>The two major races in Alaska this year feature U.S. Sen. Lisa Murkowski and U.S. Rep. Don Young. Both Republicans are seeking re-election.
Begich, a Democrat,... read more
- 21:38 Diamondbacks down Padres, roll to another series victory
- 18:43 Reports: Cardinals safety Budda Baker's brother killed in Seattle...
- 17:55 What are Arizona Cardinals' greatest needs in the draft?
- 17:34 Cardinals 7-round mock draft nets WR, CB and yes, a QB with 1st 3...
- 15:32 Arizona Coyotes rookie Clayton Keller named finalist for Calder trophy
- 15:27 Diamondbacks are planning for Jake Lamb to return on Tuesday
- 14:24 Detroit Tigers, Michael Fulmer give Make-A-Wish recipient day to...
- 13:58 White House: No plans by Trump to fire Mueller, Rosenstein
- 11:57 Clinton stars as central villain in GOP's midterm strategy
- 11:35 Trump wrongly claims NKorea has agreed to 'denuclearization'