Former WADA president rips Maria Sharapova: 'How stupid can you be?'
Former World Anti-Doping President Dick Pound took both the Russian track and field federation and embattled tennis player Maria Sharapova to task at an anti-doping summit in London on Wednesday.
Pound, who headed up an 11-month independent WADA investigation into the All-Russia Athletic Federation (ARAF), told those at the event that Russia is simply "rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic" in the aftermath of the report that showed state-sponsored doping and led to a provisional ban of ARAF by the International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF).
"My guess is... read more
- 14:06 Game Day: Arizona Coyotes battle the Minnesota Wild
- 14:06 Game Day: Phoenix Suns face Golden State Warriors minus their stars
- 11:03 Obama to visit Singapore, New Zealand, Australia, Japan
- 03:01 Youth served as 20-year-old Daria Kasatkina outlasts valiant Venus...
- 01:55 ASU baseball opens Pac-12 play with comeback win over Oregon
- 01:11 ASU coach Herm Edwards braves flight with Blue Angels before Friday...
- 00:50 White House chief tells staff their jobs safeâ for now
- 00:42 Trump's possible China tariffs send opponents scrambling
- 00:32 Chaos rules: Left and right, Trump advisers in hot water
- 23:52 Predators clinch playoff spot, increase lead in NHL standings by...