Foul call: Suns' Jay Triano wondering if it's time to get technical with officials
MEMPHIS - There have been times this season when Suns interim coach Jay Triano has wanted to explode at the officials, when he thinks his young team is getting picked on.
But Triano has resisted the temptation to yell and stomp his feet because he wants to set an example for his players. Phoenix ranks second in the league in technical fouls with 56 - only Oklahoma City has more with 59 - and second in fouls per game with 22.5. Memphis “leads” the NBA, getting whistled 23.5 times per contest.
The Suns have four players among the top 27 in technical fouls. Devin Booker and T.J. Warren are... read more
- 19:22 Diamondbacks slugger Paul Goldschmidt hoping elbow issues are...
- 18:52 Arizona Coyotes head coach Rick Tocchet to attend mother's funeral,...
- 18:45 Death penalty for drug traffickers part of Trump opioid plan
- 18:35 Michigan State's golden opportunity for another national title is over
- 17:53 Matt Haarms' hair takes the nation by storm
- 17:12 ASU women face Texas in NCAA Tournament second-round game in Austin
- 17:04 Matt Haarms' hair takes the nation by storm
- 16:16 NJ Devils: Is Michael Grabner heating up? Penalty kill flourishes...
- 15:59 Playoff-bound Predators keep winning, but still searching for ways...
- 15:19 South Korean diplomat says Kim has 'given his word' on nukes