Four good moves in a selloff
Was August just a prelude? Wall Street's recent roller coaster probably filled you with fear for your financial future. Now, though, is the time to stay focused on your long-term goals.
A correction means an index closes 10% below its 52-week high. This recent correction was long overdue. The last one happened four years ago.
China's sputtering economy primarily drove the August drop. The Standard & Poor's 500 is down 6.5% since mid-August, although it has nosed up from its low.
MORE: Gauging health insurance
Some predict a 20% bear market selloff soon. Fall specializes in market... read more
- 13:21 Arizona Cardinals drafted Pat Tillman 20 years ago
- 13:12 Florence baseball coach J.T. Neal hospitalized after being struck...
- 13:03 Houston leaders ask residents to Adopt A Drain to keep storm waters...
- 12:45 Abbott: All Texas schools are up-to-date on safety strategies
- 12:22 Ben Carson to speak in Houston area on Harvey relief
- 12:03 Arizona Wildcats basketball gets commitment from Pitt grad transfer...
- 11:58 Trump admin starts plan to drill in Arctic wildlife refuge
- 11:48 NAU football to hold spring game on Saturday at Walkup Skydome
- 11:48 ASU baseball hosts Utah seeking to snap six-game losing streak
- 11:37 UN health agency: Dengue vaccine shouldn't be used widely