Free Press videographer Brian Kaufman wins top video award in annual Gannett contest
Detroit Free Press staff photographer Brian Kaufman won the top honor for visual journalism/video today at the 29th annual Gannett Employee Awards. His winning entry included documentary-style video reports about the Oakland County Child Killer case, the scandal surrounding Wayne County Executive Robert Ficano and the crumbling Packard Plant. Kaufman, working with former Free Press reporter David Ashenfelter, shared the story of Barry King and his pursuit of the truth surrounding his son's murder in 1977 as part of an update on the child killer case. Kaufman also paired with Free Press... read more
- 02:51 Short-handed Diamondbacks nearly no-hit by Padres
- 02:33 Horizon wins at home on ninth-inning walk-off, 4-3
- 01:03 Giuliani adds toughness, star power to legal team for Trump
- 01:03 Haley's response: 'I don't get confused' draws notice
- 01:03 Steyer's talk of impeaching Trump not appealing to Dems
- 00:46 Dems' lawsuit alleges conspiracy between Trump camp, Russia
- 00:22 Madisen Duryea builds on home run total as Bradshaw Mountain...
- 23:17 Arizona Diamondbacks' bullpen getting results without overpowering...
- 22:09 Diamondbacks hold A.J. Pollock, Chris Owings out after outfield...
- 21:38 High holiday: Pot fans join 420 smoke-out in San Francisco