Free Press videographer Brian Kaufman wins top video award in annual Gannett contest
Detroit Free Press staff photographer Brian Kaufman won the top honor for visual journalism/video today at the 29th annual Gannett Employee Awards. His winning entry included documentary-style video reports about the Oakland County Child Killer case, the scandal surrounding Wayne County Executive Robert Ficano and the crumbling Packard Plant. Kaufman, working with former Free Press reporter David Ashenfelter, shared the story of Barry King and his pursuit of the truth surrounding his son's murder in 1977 as part of an update on the child killer case. Kaufman also paired with Free Press... read more
- 15:20 Houston City Council agrees to subsidize Fifth Ward grocery
- 15:20 What is the FBI's role in the Kavanaugh allegations?
- 11:26 Hoping for a blue wave, Texas Democrats instead got smacked this week
- 11:12 Trump: Not concerned about Manafort cooperation
- 10:59 Trump arrives in North Carolina to survey Florence damage
- 10:59 After mocking Kavanaughâs accuser on Twitter, Texas attorney...
- 09:59 Trump rips Sessions: 'I don't have an attorney general'
- 06:40 Houston to consider tiny tax rate hike