French presidential election, by the numbers
PARIS – A quick look at the logistics of France's presidential election, with voting on Sunday:
THE ELECTION: Eleven candidates in Sunday's first round, reduced to the top two vote-getters in a winner-takes-all round two on May 7.
VOTERS: 47 million are eligible.
POLLING: The 70,000 polling stations in France and its overseas territories open at 8 a.m. (0700 GMT), for a maximum of 12 hours. Overseas territories vote on Saturday, not Sunday.
RESULTS: Partial results and TV projections expected from 8 p.m. (1900 GMT) Sunday.
- 14:16 Police: Phoenix woman accused of prostitution left toddler home alone
- 13:47 Coyotes acquire Hjalmarsson from Blackhawks, add Raanta, Stepan...
- 13:16 Your take on Dave Tippett: What are Arizona Coyotes doing?
- 13:11 Feds support Texas in federal lawsuit over sanctuary cities law
- 12:30 Trump signs 'historic' bill to transform VA
- 12:08 Tempe animal rescue prepares to shut down shelter
- 12:07 Review: Bugatti's Chiron supercar is $3M of 'Hold on!'
- 11:32 Nassar ordered to stand trial on sexual assault charges
- 11:23 NBA draft grades: Phoenix Suns earn rave reviews for (some) picks
- 11:06 Texas to California on travel ban: Get a life