From 81-game losing streak to playoffs for Coronado girls basketball
One by one, they waited to get to the top.
They climbed the ladder, clipped a piece of the net, and left Scottsdale Coronado High's gym with one bare-rimmed basket.
Finally, after long bus rides filled with tears in the wake of blowouts that included a 72-4 setback to Phoenix Xavier Prep to open the 2015-16 season - a day before ending an 81-game losing streak - the girls basketball players expressed tears of joy on Tuesday night.
They had just beaten rival Apache Junction 55-50 to clinch the Black Canyon Region championship.
That gave them an automatic 4A tournament berth, setting off a... read more
- 00:41 Trump backs off siding with Russia over US intelligence
- 22:13 Where Texas politicians stand on marijuana
- 17:35 Trump blames 'double negative' for furor over Putin meeting
- 17:21 Lights go out during Trump statement at the White House
- 13:35 The Latest: Lawmakers want Pompeo to testify on Russia
- 13:26 Trump unfazed by GOP criticism, says Putin meeting was great
- 13:05 Houstonâs Freeway Rapist back in custody after new arrest
- 12:37 Justin Nelson reports $1.1 million in campaign coffer, Texas AG Ken...
- 10:31 As Gov. Abbott allocates $16M for ad campaign, challenger Valdez...