From 81-game losing streak to playoffs for Coronado girls basketball
One by one, they waited to get to the top.
They climbed the ladder, clipped a piece of the net, and left Scottsdale Coronado High's gym with one bare-rimmed basket.
Finally, after long bus rides filled with tears in the wake of blowouts that included a 72-4 setback to Phoenix Xavier Prep to open the 2015-16 season - a day before ending an 81-game losing streak - the girls basketball players expressed tears of joy on Tuesday night.
They had just beaten rival Apache Junction 55-50 to clinch the Black Canyon Region championship.
That gave them an automatic 4A tournament berth, setting off a... read more
- 23:50 Grand Canyon helicopter crash: Donations sought for survivors,...
- 22:47 Trump endorses Romney for Senate bid in Utah
- 22:43 Here's 5 performances of 'The Star-Spangled Banner' worse than...
- 21:45 Arizona has no official state dinosaur, so an 11-year-old proposed...
- 20:34 2 shot dead inside Phoenix residence; no arrests made
- 18:51 Giancarlo Stanton, Aaron Judge take their first cuts together this...
- 18:51 Arizona Coyotes goaltender Antti Raanta named NHL star of the week
- 18:37 Diamondbacks sign outfielder Jarrod Dyson
- 17:52 Man shot dead by off-duty officer at Scottsdale mall pointed gun at...
- 17:33 Arizona Diamondbacks: Should best trades in franchise history...