Gaels storm back to beat Utah 70-58
MORAGA, Calif. -- Kerry Carter scored 10 points over the final 5 minutes and Saint Mary's stormed back from 10 points down in the second half to beat Utah 70-58 on Tuesday in the first round of the NIT.
Carter missed his first five shots before making a pair of 3-pointers, recording a steal and scoring on a fast break layup to complete the remarkable comeback for the Gaels (23-11) after guard Stephen Holt fouled out. Holt, Saint Mary's second-leading scorer, had 15 points.
The fourth-seeded Gaels will play against Minnesota in the second round. The Gophers, the highest seed in their... read more
- 08:29 The Latest: US says it's maintaining pressure on North Korea
- 07:56 Is Andrew White running for Texas 'govorner'?
- 04:08 Missed chances add up as Diamondbacks fall to Giants
- 03:17 Ahead of 420, advocates and critics reflect on pot in the US
- 02:52 Estrella Foothills softball pours in 19 runs in win over Thunderbird
- 01:01 Trade issues expose the limits of Trump-Abe 'bromance'
- 00:53 Trump leaves open possibility of bailing on meeting with Kim
- 00:50 Desert Mountain baseball uses big 4th inning, errors to crush...
- 21:39 Diamondbacks' Matt Koch will get first crack at replacing Taijuan...
- 21:10 The Latest: Judge sets Friday hearing in Stormy Daniels case