Gallinari, Faried help Nuggets knock Jazz into 9th
SALT LAKE CITY -- Danilo Gallinari scored 21 points, including nine straight in the fourth quarter, and the Denver Nuggets beat Utah 113-96 Wednesday night to end the Jazz's winning streak at five.
Utah (39-37) fell a half-game behind the idle Los Angeles Lakers for the eighth Western Conference playoff spot.
Kenneth Faried added 19 points for the Nuggets (51-24), who took three of four from the Jazz this season.
Gordon Hayward led Utah with 18 points, while Al Jefferson and Paul Millsap scored 16 apiece.
Utah guards Mo Williams and Randy Foye were a combined 4 of 21.
The Jazz had made 19... read more
- 02:51 Short-handed Diamondbacks nearly no-hit by Padres
- 02:33 Horizon wins at home on ninth-inning walk-off, 4-3
- 01:03 Giuliani adds toughness, star power to legal team for Trump
- 01:03 Haley's response: 'I don't get confused' draws notice
- 01:03 Steyer's talk of impeaching Trump not appealing to Dems
- 00:46 Dems' lawsuit alleges conspiracy between Trump camp, Russia
- 00:22 Madisen Duryea builds on home run total as Bradshaw Mountain...
- 23:17 Arizona Diamondbacks' bullpen getting results without overpowering...
- 22:09 Diamondbacks hold A.J. Pollock, Chris Owings out after outfield...
- 21:38 High holiday: Pot fans join 420 smoke-out in San Francisco