Gas prices rise despite surging U.S. oil output
CLOSE BP's profits more than doubled in 2017 to $6.2 billion powered by higher prices and output of oil and gas, allowing the company to resume share buybacks as it recovers from a three-year downturn. Sonia Legg reports Video provided by Reuters
From Texas to the Dakotas, oil output has surged, ranking America once again among the world’s top energy producers. But, the boom hasn’t stopped rising gasoline prices.
Unleaded regular had pushed over $2.60 per gallon nationwide by midweek, up from $2.26 a gallon a year earlier, reported AAA’s daily price survey.
Analysts expect gas prices could... read more
- 16:00 Texas Republican Rep. Will Hurd says Trump is being manipulated by...
- 13:56 The Latest: AP source: Trump on tape about Playmate payment
- 13:01 NY Times: Trump was recorded talking of paying Playboy model
- 12:33 As trial ends, U.S. judge questions constitutionality of Texas...
- 12:04 Trump heightens tariff threat in trade war with China
- 11:23 Japan's Abe: US auto tariffs will cost US jobs, harm economy
- 06:59 Statewide data shows Texas anti-vaccine movement is growing
- 05:13 Trump slams rate increases by independent Federal Reserve
- 01:42 Translators stay in shadows, but Dems want Trump's to emerge
- 00:45 Trump-Putin II: Planning fall event in aftermath of Helsinki