GCU's European big men Alessandro Lever, Roberts Blumbergs growing on, off court
It didn't take long for Alessandro Lever to mix into the Grand Canyon University student population.
The 6-foot-10 freshman from Italy, with a little nudge from coach Dan Majerle, became a Havocs favorite, connected with another Italian on the men's tennis team, and found the best Italian food eateries in Phoenix.
"Pizzeria Bianco," Lever quickly mentions has his go-to.
Lever also loves the American fare of hamburgers and fries. Havocs and company have helped him with his English, which went from little to being able to hold down conversations without apologizing about his... read more
- 11:57 Sutherland Springs survivor urges gun owners to push back against NRA
- 11:18 The Latest: US team heading to Singapore to work on summit
- 10:19 Family grateful for Utah man's 'miracle' Venezuela release
- 09:36 Resistance makes subtle impact even where Trump is popular
- 02:03 Giuliani says White House wants briefing on classified info
- 01:02 Trump stays out of messy House immigration fight
- 00:46 Trump shifts stance on Korea summit from 'off' to 'maybe'
- 00:46 Trump's dizzying shifts on issues from NK, guns, health care