GCU's European big men Alessandro Lever, Roberts Blumbergs growing on, off court
It didn't take long for Alessandro Lever to mix into the Grand Canyon University student population.
The 6-foot-10 freshman from Italy, with a little nudge from coach Dan Majerle, became a Havocs favorite, connected with another Italian on the men's tennis team, and found the best Italian food eateries in Phoenix.
"Pizzeria Bianco," Lever quickly mentions has his go-to.
Lever also loves the American fare of hamburgers and fries. Havocs and company have helped him with his English, which went from little to being able to hold down conversations without apologizing about his... read more
- 19:02 Houston native released after jailing in Vietnam pledges to help...
- 14:52 Listen: WhataMistake in the Senate race, Abbott's staff rolls in...
- 14:40 âShe canât even keep track of her gun.â Gov. Abbott attacks...
- 14:01 Why did Nancy Pelosi avoid the two hottest Texas congressional...
- 11:29 Melania Trump to address cyberbullying summit in Maryland
- 07:22 The Latest: Brennan says Trump is trying to silence critics