George P. Bush files for re-election
AUSTIN -- Texas Land Commissioner George P. Bush is gunning for a second term.
As expected, Bush, a Republican, filed to run for re-election on Monday, seeking a new four-year term to lead the General Land Office, which has jurisdiction over state lands and natural resources.
"In the last three years, we've built a conservative record of achievement at the General Land Office," the Houston Republican said in a statement on Facebook. "We stood up and defeated the Obama land grab, reduced the size of our agency, promoted oil and gas drilling, fought for school choice and worked... read more
- 03:05 Complaint filed against Idaho senator who yelled at students
- 02:28 Trump offers support for background checks on gun buys
- 02:28 Trump endorses Romney's Senate bid â and Romney accepts
- 02:25 Tentative deal reached over inmate death in jail run by Arpaio
- 01:31 Stuck in an opioids crisis, officials turn to acupuncture
- 00:34 Donald Trump Jr. arrives in India to help sell apartments
- 00:12 Thousands honor school shooting victims in vigils across Florida
- 23:50 Grand Canyon helicopter crash: Donations sought for survivors,...
- 22:47 Trump endorses Romney for Senate bid in Utah
- 22:43 Here's 5 performances of 'The Star-Spangled Banner' worse than...