George P. Bush poised to lock up Republican nomination for Land Commissioner
AUSTIN — Texas Land Commissioner George P. Bush appeared headed for a victory in the Republican primary, edging past former commissioner Jerry Patterson and two other candidates as he worked to head into the November election without a runoff.
In early returns, Bush held a sizeable lead over Patterson, who did not have a big enough share of the early vote to force a run-off. Land surveyor Davey Edwards and former school teacher Rick Range trailed far behind.
In the November general election, Bush will likely face energy attorney Miguel Suazo, who was poised to defeat Tex Morgan in the... read more
- 13:39 Memphis basketball expected to announce Penny Hardaway's hiring on...
- 13:35 Trump bans US use of Venezuelan cryptocurrency
- 13:17 MLB unveils special uniforms for Jackie Robinson Day, Memorial Day,...
- 12:39 Valley Vista's Taylor Chavez named Gatorade Arizona Girls...
- 11:59 Neighbor on bond with Cardinals' Justin Pugh: 'Without him, I’d...
- 11:37 White House names deputy chief for policy
- 11:09 Arizona's best high school baseball programs: Hamilton still rising
- 10:56 Suns promotional calendar: Diamondbacks Night vs. Pistons on...
- 09:52 Why Titans should — and should not — sign Ndamukong Suh
- 08:12 Michigan State's Tom Izzo says he'll return: 'I've never run from...