George P. Bush spends $2 million in reelection bid
AUSTIN — Land Commissioner George P. Bush spent $2 million this past month in a bid to win the Republican primary against three other candidates, including his predecessor Jerry Patterson.
Bush also raised $300,000, leaving him with about $1.2 million in his campaign coffers, according to Bush's campaign staff.
VOTERS GUIDE: Need help vetting candidates for the March primary?
Bush is in a heated primary battle to keep control of the Land Office against his most aggressive competitor Patterson, who led the Land Office for 12 years prior to Bush. The two have increased their attacks against... read more
- 00:21 Ex-Trump lawyer Cohen pleads guilty in hush-money scheme
- 23:52 Cohen pleads guilty, implicates Trump in hush-money scheme
- 23:17 The Latest: Cheney wins GOP nomination for US House
- 20:19 Lupe Valdezâs pistol found, Dallas County Sheriffâs Office...
- 19:30 The Latest: Trump opens rally amid 2 associates' legal woes
- 18:56 How the case of former Trump fixer Michael Cohen went down
- 18:11 Silent on Cohen, Trump says Manafort conviction 'a disgrace'
- 17:45 Memes abound following news of guilty verdicts for Paul Manafort,...
- 16:07 Michael Flynn not yet ready to be sentenced, prosecutors say
- 15:32 Gov. Abbottâs call for more Texas teachers making $100k draws...