George W. Bush seeks to rescue brother Jeb in South Carolina primary
NORTH CHARLESTON, S.C. — South Carolina saved George W. Bush in 2000. Now the former president is looking to save his brother Jeb 16 years later.
"There's no doubt in my mind Jeb Bush has the experience and the character to be a great president," the former president told more than 1,000 backers during a rare political appearance Monday, further joking that South Carolina should support the candidate with "the most opinionated mother" in Saturday's primary.
Jeb Bush told the crowd that half-filled the convention center space that he was "so honored that my brother... read more
- 04:08 Missed chances add up as Diamondbacks fall to Giants
- 03:17 Ahead of 420, advocates and critics reflect on pot in the US
- 02:52 Estrella Foothills softball pours in 19 runs in win over Thunderbird
- 01:01 Trade issues expose the limits of Trump-Abe 'bromance'
- 00:53 Trump leaves open possibility of bailing on meeting with Kim
- 00:50 Desert Mountain baseball uses big 4th inning, errors to crush...
- 21:39 Diamondbacks' Matt Koch will get first crack at replacing Taijuan...
- 21:10 The Latest: Judge sets Friday hearing in Stormy Daniels case
- 20:35 Tucson Roadrunners ready for franchise's 1st playoff game
- 20:23 Cardinals know price is steep if they want a top QB in NFL draft