German FM hopeful on Ukraine observer mission
BERLIN -- Germany's foreign minister says he's confident Western nations and Russia have resolved a key stumbling block to the deployment of international observers in Ukraine.
Frank-Walter Steinmeier says he believes the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe, of which Russia is a member, has agreed on the upper limit for the number of observers the Vienna-based body would send to Ukraine. Steinmeier told reporters in Berlin on Wednesday that the remaining hurdle concerns the regions where the OSCE teams would be deployed.
Russia wants the observers, who could number several... read more
- 22:57 Judge rules against ending program to protect Dreamers
- 22:37 Ex-Coronado QB Jay Vanderjagt 'shocked' by NFL QB Jared Goff's prank
- 22:10 Diamondbacks treat 9-year-old with a rough road ahead to a day at park
- 18:23 Recruiting: Pinnacle sophomore point guard Nico Mannion gets offer...
- 18:23 ASU football signs home-and-home deal with Mississippi State
- 17:57 Trump backtracks on Syria after talks with French leader
- 17:31 In plan to fix special education, Texas Education Agency will spend...
- 17:31 Abbott calls for emergency special election to replace...
- 17:09 Agency warns retailers not to sell Juul e-cigarette to kids
- 17:09 The Latest: Watchdog: VA nominee Jackson was unprofessional