Giannou added to Australia squad for World Cup qualifiers
SYDNEY — Greek-born striker Apostolos Giannou has been added to Australia's squad for World Cup qualifiers against Tajikistan on March 23 and Jordan on March 28.
Socceroos coach Ange Postecoglou included three uncapped players — Giannou, Jason Geria and Alex Gersbach — among nine changes to the 23-man squad which secured wins over Kyrgyzstan and Bangladesh last November.
Tim Cahill, who recently moved to Hangzhou Greentown, and Giannou, who plays for Guangzhou R&F, are among five China-based players selected in the squad. Crystal Palace veteran Mile Jedinak is among the 12 Europe-based... read more
- 19:56 Arizona Cardinals trade Jared Veldheer to the Denver Broncos for...
- 19:36 Arizona Coyotes rookie Clayton Keller eyes rookie goals record vs....
- 19:06 Harris County Flood Control District proposes tunnel idea to drain...
- 18:36 White House staffers on edge as Trump eyes another shake-up
- 18:32 Lobbying pays off for small drugmaker in budget bill
- 18:14 Game Day: Phoenix Suns take on Cavaliers in Cleveland
- 17:58 Phoenix Rising FC set for home opener for OKC Energy
- 17:43 QB Verlon Reed Jr., ready to return for Arizona Rattlers with 1st...
- 17:41 Trump says administration will ban bump stock devices
- 17:13 Protests erupt in Poland over plan to tighten abortion law