Giants will guarantee Jason Pierre-Paul $8.5M in new deal
The New York Giants are betting $8.5 million – at least – that Jason Pierre-Paul can return to his old form in 2016.
The one-year contract Pierre-Paul agreed to Tuesday included a $4.25 million signing bonus and a fully guaranteed base salary of $4.25 million, according to details obtained by USA TODAY Sports.
Pierre-Paul also has a $300,000 workout bonus and can earn a total of $1.2 million in per-game active roster bonuses, meaning he can make $10 million before even triggering $500,000 in incentives tied to sacks.
That’s a far less incentive-driven deal than Pierre-Paul, 27, had to take... read more
- 00:41 Democrats gather to confront lingering 2016 frustration
- 00:41 His former associates in court, Trump focuses on 'winning'
- 00:41 Ex-Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort guilty on 8 charges
- 00:41 Inside catch and kill: Cohen, a porn star and 'Individual 1'
- 00:41 In courtroom, Manafort stood frozen as 8 guilty counts read
- 00:41 Timeline: From 'nothing to see here' to Cohen's guilty pleas
- 00:21 Ex-Trump lawyer Cohen pleads guilty in hush-money scheme
- 23:52 Cohen pleads guilty, implicates Trump in hush-money scheme
- 23:17 The Latest: Cheney wins GOP nomination for US House
- 20:19 Lupe Valdezâs pistol found, Dallas County Sheriffâs Office...