Giants will guarantee Jason Pierre-Paul $8.5M in new deal
The New York Giants are betting $8.5 million – at least – that Jason Pierre-Paul can return to his old form in 2016.
The one-year contract Pierre-Paul agreed to Tuesday included a $4.25 million signing bonus and a fully guaranteed base salary of $4.25 million, according to details obtained by USA TODAY Sports.
Pierre-Paul also has a $300,000 workout bonus and can earn a total of $1.2 million in per-game active roster bonuses, meaning he can make $10 million before even triggering $500,000 in incentives tied to sacks.
That’s a far less incentive-driven deal than Pierre-Paul, 27, had to take... read more
- 12:12 Mets send Zack Wheeler to minors after he struggles during camp
- 02:50 Perry baseball holds off Red Mountain, wins on the road
- 01:38 Trump order would ban most transgender troops from serving
- 01:38 Trump's impulses put White House credibility on the line
- 01:09 ASU football's quest for defensive improvement starts almost from...
- 22:55 Pinnacle softball rolls through Mountain Pointe
- 22:06 Trump order would ban most transgender troops from serving
- 21:07 Odell Beckham Jr. sued for $15 million in alleged assault, NY...
- 20:40 Arizona Diamondbacks mulling options following Steven Souza Jr. injury
- 20:40 Gilbert American Leadership Academy sports to remain on probation...