Glendale man who reported finding woman's body in 1988 now charged with her murder
A Glendale man who reported finding a woman's body 30 years ago in a desert area near Carefree Highway and 99th Avenue has been arrested on suspicion of sexually assaulting and killing the woman, officials said.
Donald Lee Scott, 55, was arrested at his Glendale home on Feb. 2, according to a probable-cause statement submitted to a court by the Maricopa County Sheriff's Office.
Court records say Scott was linked to the killing through DNA that was obtained from the woman's body after it was found in 1988 and then connected to Scott two years ago.
Scott originally told investigators he had... read more
- 12:07 Arizona Diamondbacks trade history: Notable deals
- 12:03 Phoenix has fewer than 100 homes left from 19th century. Here's...
- 12:03 Phoenix mulls harassment, discrimination policy for council members
- 12:03 Phoenix to debate cost of Donald Trump visit, use of chemical...
- 11:31 'Blue Dreams': How mood-altering drugs saved author Lauren Slater...
- 11:27 Ranking biggest NFL draft busts of all time
- 11:01 Chandler schools superintendent to discuss controversial Snapchat...
- 11:01 Habitat Metro plans second apartment project in downtown Mesa
- 11:01 Restaurant inspections: 6 Phoenix-area eateries on this week's list
- 09:58 Trump again attacks Obama over Russia