Glendale mom accused of smothering 5-month-old baby to death
Skip in SkipxEmbed
CLOSE What is the difference between misdemeanors and felonies in Arizona?
A Glendale mother is accused of smothering her 5-month-old infant to death with a comforter, according to authorities.
Amber Sagarnaga, 23, was arrested early Saturday on suspicion of second-degree murder in the baby's death.
Police say Sagarnaga admitted to placing a heavy comforter over the crying baby and pressing down on the infant's face as she laid in a pack-and-play crib.
Officers at the scene described Sagarnaga as "lacking emotion" while her fiance was "on the phone... read more
- 21:38 Diamondbacks down Padres, roll to another series victory
- 18:43 Reports: Cardinals safety Budda Baker's brother killed in Seattle...
- 17:55 What are Arizona Cardinals' greatest needs in the draft?
- 17:34 Cardinals 7-round mock draft nets WR, CB and yes, a QB with 1st 3...
- 15:32 Arizona Coyotes rookie Clayton Keller named finalist for Calder trophy
- 15:27 Diamondbacks are planning for Jake Lamb to return on Tuesday
- 14:24 Detroit Tigers, Michael Fulmer give Make-A-Wish recipient day to...
- 13:58 White House: No plans by Trump to fire Mueller, Rosenstein
- 11:57 Clinton stars as central villain in GOP's midterm strategy
- 11:35 Trump wrongly claims NKorea has agreed to 'denuclearization'