Glendale mom accused of smothering 5-month-old baby to death
Skip in SkipxEmbed
CLOSE What is the difference between misdemeanors and felonies in Arizona?
A Glendale mother is accused of smothering her 5-month-old infant to death with a comforter, according to authorities.
Amber Sagarnaga, 23, was arrested early Saturday on suspicion of second-degree murder in the baby's death.
Police say Sagarnaga admitted to placing a heavy comforter over the crying baby and pressing down on the infant's face as she laid in a pack-and-play crib.
Officers at the scene described Sagarnaga as "lacking emotion" while her fiance was "on the phone... read more
- 03:38 Overconfident? Dem optimism surges as midterms approach
- 03:38 Trump picks combat over caution in court fight
- 02:55 Trump promises to rid Justice Dept. of 'lingering stench'
- 02:55 Rosenstein's fate could turn on which account Trump believes
- 02:13 Rosenstein's fate could turn on which account Trump believes
- 22:55 Ted Cruz and Beto OâRourke take plenty of shots in first debate
- 21:50 Trump says he'll rid Justice Dept. of 'lingering stench'
- 19:58 Hilarious memes rip Cruz, O'Rourke during first senate debate
- 18:34 Shame, fear: Survivors explain not reporting sexual assaults
- 16:34 As he considers 2020, Biden airs regrets of Thomas hearings