GM John Elway, QB Brock Osweiler engaged in free agent showdown for Broncos
In his five years as general manager of the Denver Broncos, John Elway has built a reputation as a skilled negotiator and ruthless businessman.
But on the eve of free agency, he finds himself engaged in the most dangerous game of chicken he’s had to play.
During the two-day legal tampering window preceding the start of new league year Wednesday — the time when other teams could start talking to quarterback Brock Osweiler, though only the Broncos could sign him — things were quiet between Elway and his 2012 second-round draft pick.
Malik Jackson agrees to six-year, $90 million... read more
- 19:22 Diamondbacks slugger Paul Goldschmidt hoping elbow issues are...
- 18:52 Arizona Coyotes head coach Rick Tocchet to attend mother's funeral,...
- 18:45 Death penalty for drug traffickers part of Trump opioid plan
- 18:35 Michigan State's golden opportunity for another national title is over
- 17:53 Matt Haarms' hair takes the nation by storm
- 17:12 ASU women face Texas in NCAA Tournament second-round game in Austin
- 17:04 Matt Haarms' hair takes the nation by storm
- 16:16 NJ Devils: Is Michael Grabner heating up? Penalty kill flourishes...
- 15:59 Playoff-bound Predators keep winning, but still searching for ways...
- 15:19 South Korean diplomat says Kim has 'given his word' on nukes