GM John Elway, QB Brock Osweiler engaged in free agent showdown for Broncos
In his five years as general manager of the Denver Broncos, John Elway has built a reputation as a skilled negotiator and ruthless businessman.
But on the eve of free agency, he finds himself engaged in the most dangerous game of chicken he’s had to play.
During the two-day legal tampering window preceding the start of new league year Wednesday — the time when other teams could start talking to quarterback Brock Osweiler, though only the Broncos could sign him — things were quiet between Elway and his 2012 second-round draft pick.
Malik Jackson agrees to six-year, $90 million... read more
- 13:39 AP sources: Cohen in talks to strike plea deal in fraud case
- 11:50 Trump looking to best Obama's travel for midterms
- 11:50 Trump accuses de Blasio of slogan theft
- 10:18 Jury in Manafort trial enters 4th day of deliberations
- 09:08 Gallery: A purrfect debut [+ video]
- 00:51 Anti-Trump images become big business for DC projectionist
- 00:27 Trump looks to Brennan for a foil in Russia probe spat