Gold Cup: Mexico beats Curacao, advances to face Honduras in Glendale
Angel Sepulveda and Edson Alvarez scored and Mexico held on to beat Curaco 2-0 on Sunday night at the Alamodome in San Antonio to win Group C in the CONCACAF Gold Cup and continue its bid for a fourth championship in five years.
Mexico advances to face Honduras in the quarterfinals Thursday night in Glendale at University of Phoenix Stadium.
The defending champions had a surprisingly tough match against Curacao, which was competing in the Gold Cup for the first time.
Sepulveda scored on a diving header in the 22nd minute off a cross-field assist from Raul Lopez. Alvarez scored in the 90th... read more
- 19:28 Barton to go mum over disclosed photo, citing probe
- 19:28 Republican push tax plan hard, but voters seem uninterested
- 19:28 AP source: Flynn lawyers make a break with Trump team
- 18:34 Detroit Lions look like fried turkeys against Minnesota Vikings
- 18:34 Bruce Pearl still refusing to interview with Auburn officials and...
- 18:34 University of Louisville is considering doing away with the...
- 17:43 Thanksgiving Day temperature climbs to 87 degrees, tying all-time...
- 17:14 Coyotes will be without goalie Antti Raanta for at least the next...
- 16:27 Civilian Phoenix police assistants to start handling some patrol calls
- 16:04 University of Louisville is considering doing away with the...