Gold Cup: Mexico beats Curacao, advances to face Honduras in Glendale
Angel Sepulveda and Edson Alvarez scored and Mexico held on to beat Curaco 2-0 on Sunday night at the Alamodome in San Antonio to win Group C in the CONCACAF Gold Cup and continue its bid for a fourth championship in five years.
Mexico advances to face Honduras in the quarterfinals Thursday night in Glendale at University of Phoenix Stadium.
The defending champions had a surprisingly tough match against Curacao, which was competing in the Gold Cup for the first time.
Sepulveda scored on a diving header in the 22nd minute off a cross-field assist from Raul Lopez. Alvarez scored in the 90th... read more
- 10:18 Trump to bar transgender individuals from armed forces
- 10:04 50 students start down grueling path in Mayo Med School's inaugural...
- 09:45 Arizona Supreme Court lets ruling stand that protects Republic...
- 09:41 Trump to bar transgender individuals from armed forces.
- 08:34 The Latest: Trump blasts Murkowski on health care vote
- 08:23 Britain to ban sale of new diesel, gasoline cars by 2040
- 08:00 Lower global tax rate boosts Ford in second quarter
- 05:05 Trump: Liberation from 'Obamacare nightmare' is close
- 04:30 Parents, former Scouts alarmed by Trump's speech at jamboree
- 04:30 Senate Judiciary Committee withdraws subpoena for Manafort