Gold Cup: Mexico beats Curacao, advances to face Honduras in Glendale
Angel Sepulveda and Edson Alvarez scored and Mexico held on to beat Curaco 2-0 on Sunday night at the Alamodome in San Antonio to win Group C in the CONCACAF Gold Cup and continue its bid for a fourth championship in five years.
Mexico advances to face Honduras in the quarterfinals Thursday night in Glendale at University of Phoenix Stadium.
The defending champions had a surprisingly tough match against Curacao, which was competing in the Gold Cup for the first time.
Sepulveda scored on a diving header in the 22nd minute off a cross-field assist from Raul Lopez. Alvarez scored in the 90th... read more
- 01:33 Democrats release memo rebutting GOP on Russia probe
- 01:11 Westbound Loop 202 re-opens at Cooper Road after Chandler crash
- 23:51 Crash closes westbound Loop 202 in Mesa, no estimated time of...
- 23:38 2 people critically injured after horse-drawn stagecoach hits...
- 23:30 St. Michael girls basketball repeats as 1A state champions
- 23:30 Tucson Gregory School boys basketball team wins 1A title
- 23:17 Union members, supporters rally in Phoenix for Working People's Day...
- 22:54 White House shelves tentative plan for Mexican leader visit
- 22:26 Trump says he's eyeing Veterans' Day for military parade
- 22:05 Rachel DeLago making history as an NHRA general manager