Gold Cup: Mexico beats Curacao, advances to face Honduras in Glendale
Angel Sepulveda and Edson Alvarez scored and Mexico held on to beat Curaco 2-0 on Sunday night at the Alamodome in San Antonio to win Group C in the CONCACAF Gold Cup and continue its bid for a fourth championship in five years.
Mexico advances to face Honduras in the quarterfinals Thursday night in Glendale at University of Phoenix Stadium.
The defending champions had a surprisingly tough match against Curacao, which was competing in the Gold Cup for the first time.
Sepulveda scored on a diving header in the 22nd minute off a cross-field assist from Raul Lopez. Alvarez scored in the 90th... read more
- 04:30 Koch network success in Trump era draws Democratic pushback
- 21:38 Diamondbacks down Padres, roll to another series victory
- 18:43 Reports: Cardinals safety Budda Baker's brother killed in Seattle...
- 17:55 What are Arizona Cardinals' greatest needs in the draft?
- 17:34 Cardinals 7-round mock draft nets WR, CB and yes, a QB with 1st 3...