'Golden Girls' star Rue McClanahan dies from stroke; Betty White last surviving member of TV show
The Golden Girl who got around is gone.
Rue McClanahan, the Emmy Award-winning actress who played the bawdy Blanche Devereaux on "The Golden Girls," died Thursday of a massive stroke.
RELATED: BETTY WHITE, ELAINE STRITCH INTRODUCE 'ELDERCOOL'
She was 76 - a fact a man-chasing Southern belle like Devereaux would never dream of divulging.
"She passed away at 1 a.m." at New York-Presbyterian Hospital Weill Cornell, her manager, Barbara Lawrence, confirmed. "She went in peace."
RELATED: FACEBOOK FANS LAUNCH BETTY WHITE OSCAR CAMPAIGN
McClanahan's only son from her... read more
- 16:25 In Iowa, McAuliffe says he's not ruling out 2020 campaign
- 15:44 Trump to visit North Carolina to survey Florence impact
- 14:21 White House releases new biodefense strategy
- 14:01 The Latest: Trump considering permanent US troops in Poland
- 13:39 Ted Cruz holds 9 point lead on Beto OâRourke, new poll shows
- 12:39 Trump welcomes president of Poland to the White House