'Golden Girls' star Rue McClanahan dies from stroke; Betty White last surviving member of TV show
The Golden Girl who got around is gone.
Rue McClanahan, the Emmy Award-winning actress who played the bawdy Blanche Devereaux on "The Golden Girls," died Thursday of a massive stroke.
RELATED: BETTY WHITE, ELAINE STRITCH INTRODUCE 'ELDERCOOL'
She was 76 - a fact a man-chasing Southern belle like Devereaux would never dream of divulging.
"She passed away at 1 a.m." at New York-Presbyterian Hospital Weill Cornell, her manager, Barbara Lawrence, confirmed. "She went in peace."
RELATED: FACEBOOK FANS LAUNCH BETTY WHITE OSCAR CAMPAIGN
McClanahan's only son from her... read more
- 20:21 Cardinals plan to exercise fifth-year option for left tackle D.J....
- 19:54 Texas agriculture commissioner errs in interpreting barbecue bill,...
- 19:23 Arizona Cardinals have urgent need for wide receivers behind Larry...
- 19:10 UT ready to sell 300 acres of Houston land
- 18:19 NFL draft: 2018 quarterback class not measuring up to 1983 comparisons
- 17:54 Pence to name Kellogg as national security adviser
- 17:52 Diamondbacks left-hander Patrick Corbin named National League...
- 17:52 ASU NFL draft preview: The intriguing case of Kalen Ballage
- 17:52 Perry's Chubba Purdy stops at-bat to honor national anthem from...
- 16:56 Phoenix Suns have talked to Jason Kidd, Vinny Del Negro about...